The schedule of events for Christmas in the Town of Bermuda Run is all set! If you’re ready to get in the Christmas spirit, make plans to pack up the kids for a weekend filled with much holiday cheer.
Here’s what you can expect at the event set for Sunday, December 5 from 2 – 5 pm at the Gazebo in the Kinderton Business Park:
- Gingerbread House contestants must have their houses registered between 1:30 and 2:00 pm. For more information on this event, click here.
- At 2 pm, Mayor Rick Cross opens the festivities. Soon after that, Santa will arrive escorted by the Davie High School Dancing Boots and Pep Band.
- Games and carriage rides will begin after Santa’s arrival. You will need a ticket for the carriage ride. If you do not receive a ticket upon entering the Gazebo complex, please see one of the greeters, and they will gladly provide you with tickets. Special thanks to Hillsdale Real Estate Group for generously providing the carriage rides.
- From 2:30 – 4:15 pm, there will be craft activities, a letter to Santa booth (children may write a letter to Santa and share it with him or have it sent via Reindeer mail), sweet treats, and much more.
- The Gingerbread House contest awards will be announced at 3:30 pm.
- Tacky Sweater Contest judging will follow the Gingerbread House contest.
- At 4:15 pm, Dr. Seuss will make an appearance and read a story written for the event. The Shady Grove Chorus will follow and will feature some best-loved children’s Christmas songs.
- The tree lighting will take place at 4:45 pm, followed by a sing-a-long.
- Collection boxes will be available throughout the event for attendees who would like to donate a small gift for children served by Family Promise of Davie County, and/or a personal care item for the seniors served by A Storehouse for Jesus.