*Brush/Limb Pickup is normally the last Monday of each Month.
DECEMBER, 2023 WILL BE A WEEK EARLY DUE TO CHRISTMAS ~ 12/18
Please have items at the street for pickup before 7 am.
* Should be reasonably fresh and solid (no stacks of rotten wood).
* Should be no larger than 6″ in diameter and no longer than 12 feet.
* Should be stacked in one pile, turned parallel to the edge of the street. **Do not put next to light poles, or in alleyways!
* Should be bundled and tied with string or twine.
* Hedge trimmings will be accepted if bundled.
* No grass clippings accepted.
If you miss the scheduled Brush/Limb Pickup and need to haul off yard waste, the location for Davie County residents is Wallace Farm. 229 Wallace Farm Lane, Advance, NC 27006 336-998-8999 Wallace Farm Website
Christmas Tree Pickup
Place unadorned tree at the curb before 7am on one of the following dates:
* Monday, January 8
* Monday, January 29 (along with Brush/Limb Pickup)
The Town’s Annual Loose Leaf Collection Program for Residents Begins
November 1 and Runs Continuously through January 12, 2024
Leaf Pickup Schedule
November 1 through November 10 – General Pickup (All Residential Areas)
November 13 through November 17- Kinderton Residential
November 20 through December 1 – Bermuda Run East and Bermuda Run West
December 4 through December 8 – Kinderton Residential
December 11 through December 15 – Bermuda Run East and Bermuda Run West
December 18 through January 12 – General Pickup (All Residential Areas)
****This schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions
Requirements for Placement
- Loose leaf piles must be free and clear of all other materials – sticks, limbs, garbage, etc. Leaf piles with these items will not be picked up.
- Do not place leaves in the street.
- Do not block sidewalks, drainage basins or drainage ditches, and keep away from these items: fences, fire hydrants, mailboxes, phone pedestals, water and sewer covers
- Leaves must be within 4-6 feet of the street for collection.
- Please do not place leaves in your garbage or recycling carts.
- Please do not bag leaves.
- Do not block leaf piles with vehicles (Blocked piles will not be picked up.)